Apply below to start substitute teaching in your city and get hired as quickly as next week. See benefits and qualifications.
- Positively contribute to your community - spark a love for learning with your students
- Flexible schedule - teach up to 5 days/week
- Quick hiring process - receive an offer within 1 week of applying or less
- Teach close to home - choose from a range of K-12 schools across your area
- Get your foot in the door for full-time positions at some of the top rated schools in the country
- Join a supportive community who cares about your success - access Kokua's support team from 8am-6pm every day
- Earn up to $105-185/day for daily positions and up to $135-225/day for long-term positions depending on location
- Referral bonus and reimbursement opportunities available
- Experience working with youth (classroom, volunteering, mentoring, tutoring, etc.)
- Ability to pass a State & FBI background check - out of pocket cost reimbursed after 10 classroom assignments
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in: New York City & Philadelphia
- Associate’s degree (or 48 / 60+ credit hours depending on location) required in all other cities
These requirements are only applicable to the city listed.
- Willingness to acquire one of these state required licenses: IL Substitute Teacher, Professional Educator, or Paraprofessional.
- Kokua offers a full reimbursement for IL Substitute Teaching License or Paraprofessional License after completion of 10 days in the classroom for new applicants (License is good for 5 years)!
- COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to complete weekly testing.
Impact young lives.
Through our wide network of K-12 partner schools, Kokua is the quickest and easiest way to start substitute teaching in your city.
How does it work?
- Complete our 2 minute application
- Interview with our hiring team
- Get hired as early as next week!